[OM] Got me a free Zuiko 75-150 yesterday!

Subject: [OM] Got me a free Zuiko 75-150 yesterday!
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 12:59:18 -0800
First off, thanks to all who replied re: my quest for Nicola's first
camera. My decision is that she gets a toy (ultra-cheap used Vivitar)
for now and my fiancee, Lena, gets a Stylus Epic for her birthday the
end of this month (hope she's not reading this...).

Yesterday we were looking at used stuff at (the big bad) Wolf (a US
chain that tends to gobble up smaller local camera stores). This
particular branch has some used stuff and we picked out an ultra-cheap
used P&S for Nicola ($5.00). Needless to say, I was obligated to see
what they had in used OM land while I was there. Only one body, an OM101
that I had forgotten even existed. (By the way, will the OM101 do full
syncro flash with the F280???) Fair number of smaller lenses though and
some very cheap. They had 2 75-150 f4 (MC) Zuiko zooms so I took a look
at one. The salesman said he would let me have it for $50.00. I was
checking it out and the iris wasn't closing. I showed him this and he
confirmed on the other that it should close (he tried to tell me it
needed to be mounted to a body to work...I showed him the DOF Preview
button and he realized it was indeed broken.) The upshot of this was he
told me that it wasn't worth fixing, that he was going to throw it away
and would I like to have it for free. Suffice to say I took him up on
that offer. I was able to easily repair this by removing the lens mount
and re-installing it with the actuater on the correct side (don't know
for how long or how it got this way though...) Now the lens seems to
work fine, focus is nice and smooth, looks good through the viewfinder
and I'll have to go shoot something with it. Not sure what I will
actually use it for but it is always nice to get a Zuiko for free! Made
my day. Anyone out there use one of these and like it? If anyone has a
specific need and wants me to go back treasure hunting I will, e-mail me
privately.

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
www.motorsportvisions.com