Re: [OM] Total Lunar Eclipse January 20

Subject: Re: [OM] Total Lunar Eclipse January 20
From: Acer V <siddim01@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 22:09:52 -0800 (PST)
On Mon, 10 Jan 2000, Joel Wilcox wrote:

>There will be a total lunar eclipse on January 20 across North America.
>There is a site, one of many I'm sure, that has some suggestions for
>exposure of the eclipse during totality:
>
>       http://www.nyip.com/tips/tip_break_news0100.html
>
>The article suggests a starting-point of 1/2 sec @f2.8 with ISO 800 film
>during the totality.  Anybody have any comments or suggestions about this?

Sounds good--just remember the bit where they say "bracket lots of
film" and you're set to go. Excerpt from an email I got from
www.corvus.com :

>>>Exposure times on ISO 200 film should be 1/60 second for partial phases
at f/8, and 2 seconds at f/4 for the total phases. You may also photograph
the eclipse through your telescope. Exposure times will depend on the
exact setup of your equipment.<<<

See also www.eclipsechaser.com

Sad bit is that I got an email from the Physics dept asking me to return
the scope sonn because they need it. I asked if I could hold it till the
eclipse....

/AV