Re: [OM] vivitar 2x macro teleconvertor

Subject: Re: [OM] vivitar 2x macro teleconvertor
From: "John A. Prosper" <prosper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 16:19:13 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 11 Jan 2000, Ian A. Nichols wrote:

|On Tue, 11 Jan 2000, Frank van Lindert wrote:
|
|> Yes, you got it definitely cheap. Hopefully the shop owner thought it
|> was a normal doubler, for then both of you will be equally pleased ;-)
|
|Actually, he seemed to know exactly what it was, or at least how it
|worked.  I didn't - I was just browsing and thought "that looks
|interesting" and wound up buying it.  One day I'll try using it with a
|50/1.8 for some slightly macro shots.

Perhaps the shop owner was just clearing out stiff with a very light
demand.  After all, what is the population density of OM users per
square acreage nowadays? ;-)

BTW, you can achieve a 1:1 magnification with the 50/1.8 and the
Vivitar 2X macro TC.  Stop it down to at least f/8, preferably f/11 or
f/16 for best results.  (Remember that with the 2x macro TC you lose
two stops, and the 50/1.8 is effectively a 50/3.6; so f/8 is really
f/16, f/11 becomes f/22 and so on.)