Re: [OM] T400CN revisited

Subject: Re: [OM] T400CN revisited
From: Acer V <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 16:02:07 -0800 (PST)
On Tue, 11 Jan 2000, claire wrote:

>Dear  Mike and Dave..........
>
>> BTW -- have you tried Konica
>>Monochrome? If it is unavailable in your area, let me know and I will send
>you a
>>roll for comparison.
>
>My regular printer says he can definitely achieve near black prints (on
>coloyr paper) using Konica VX400......... Everytime I send him my roll of
>T400CN and ask for near-black prints, he will always tell me ........
>errrrr........ I will try my best, but it will most likely turn out to be
>very dark Sepia........
>
>Anyone knows why  he can't do it with KdkT400CN ?
>
>Anyway his near-black prints are very good..... very nice.......

I'm not well versed here, but: according to what I read on photo.net Q&A
board, T400CN is optimised for printing on B&W paper, whereas B&W+400 is
set up to decent prints on color paper from minilabs (tell them to run it
thru the Kodak Gold channel). That's what I gathered, it may or may not be
correct. Different bases, density/mask something or the other.

Anyhow, one roll of B&W+ and I'm somewhat a happy camper; rated it at
EI400, shot mostly wide open on the 50/1.8MC Zuiko at 1/8 second indoors
for candids. Must be the low light and its inherent high contrast (could
exacerbated by contrasty Fuji Crystal Archive paper) but the prints were
rather contrasty, and dark for my taste. The current roll (unfinished as
of now) is being rated at EI250 and we'll see how that goes.

HTH.

/AV