Re: [OM] New 1.35v WeinCell batteries (wasFS: PX625 1.35v Hg battery)

Subject: Re: [OM] New 1.35v WeinCell batteries (wasFS: PX625 1.35v Hg battery)
From: MorrisMini@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 07:55:08 EST
Hi all,

Has anyone used the Weincell "revolutionary new zinc/air battery" as a
replacement for the 1.35 volt PX625?  I was perusing the Porter's catalog and
saw them listed @ $5.95 US.  At least they are (I assume) readily available
for those who have not modified older cameras to accept 1.5v batteries.  This
could be a real plus.  They also have listed WeinCell replacements for PX675
(MR675) and RM400R (MRB400) for those interested.

I just got the catalog in the mail unsolicited, so if you're interested they
are in Cedar Falls, IA (800-553-2001) or at: www.porters.com   Overall prices
are a bit high compared to B&H--I've never done business with them, so maybe
someone with that experience can praise or skewer them as they see fit.

-Tim Clark