[OM] How to open a Pen EE

Subject: [OM] How to open a Pen EE
From: "John Biccum" <biccum@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 00:15:28 -0800
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 21:11:17 -0500
From: "John Lum" <jtlum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [OM] PenEE How to open?

>My Pen EE opens by flipping up that circular key thing >with your
fingernail
>in the recessed pocket of the baseplate (the other thing >besides the
rewind
>button); turning it 180 degrees in clockwise motion and >pulling down. The
>whole base attached to the back will come down... see >mine doesnt have a
>hinged back. So far this is the 3rd post and 3rd method. >Hope one of these
>methods help you

Your method was what I remembered John.  I had tried it gently before my
post with no success.  The other two methods described clearly were not for
my camera- it has no tab to pull out (like the 35RC) nor anything on the
base to slide (as described for the Pen EE2).

Newly confident thanks to your post I rotated the latch in the base and
tugged not quite so gently this time.  The base and back came off as one
unit exactly as you described and out came the film.  Much to my
disappointment, the film was not a unexposed relic from the 60s.  It was an
DX encoded, ISO labeled roll of Kodacolor.  I don't use Kodacolor and
neither DX coding nor ISO labeling date to the 60s. I guess that I loaned
the camera to someone relatively recently.

Thanks for your help.