Re: [OM] Presidential Lies - IF YOU DON't CARE, don't read.

Subject: Re: [OM] Presidential Lies - IF YOU DON't CARE, don't read.
From: george <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 10:00:40 -0800

Denton Taylor wrote:

> Hey George. I hope we can keep this nice now...

OK.

>  >>BTW, she came out against gay marriage the other day. Another slap at
> one of their core supporting groups. >>
>
> You're right, she also panders. But since she is now against gay marriage
> will you vote for her? :-)

Have I indicated a position on this?  I will say that I'm married and
gay ... well, happy at least! :>)

> more (Hillary) pandering. No argument.
>
>>  Where do you get these statistics, BTW? How many
> women are unfaithful? >>
>
> Women are rising every year to around 40urrently. Shere Hite and others
> are the source.

I'm sure she's an unbiased source and has done impeccable research.

>  >>It was relevant for Clarence Thomas though, huh? Where oh where ARE the
> womens' libbers this time around?
>  >>

> Yeah, they've twisted themselves into conniptions, lol

Extreme feminism should die now that their leaders have been proven to
be so plainly biased.  Most women don't support it anyway.  Source: ask
them.

>  >>Do you not understand that Reagan's policy set in motion the wheels that
> are spinning so well today? In fact, his tax cuts have surely put
> thousands, maybe tens of thousands of dollars in YOUR pocket over the
> last 12 or 13 years, helping you buy into your Contax system and stoke
> the economy. Would you rather have let the Democrats spend those
> $$$thousands? Do you remember what the economy was like when Reagan
> took over? Do you recall 20% mortgage interest rates? >>
>
> No doubt Reagan did have a hand in the fall of the SU,

and the Wall, and the Cold War, ... ???

> but
> it would have happened eventually. And doesn't Gorbachev deserve some of
> the credit?

No doubt. Courageous man.  But, Reagan had to push him into a corner to
give him the juice he needed at home.

>  >>I'm real curious to know if you'll support Hillary over the mayor who's
> finally turned that rat-hole of a city around to where it may soon be
> fit for human habitation.
>  >>

> You're really showing your true colors now George. Why this type of
> language?

OK, touche.  Over the top.  A little perspective: I grew up in Boston.
Family is still there. Most everyone in Boston hates NY! You got the
Yankees, we got the Curse of the Bambino.

> I don't know where you live, but I sure wouldn't trade the
> greatest city in the world for it. And I can afford to live just about
> wherever I damned well choose.

Partly due to Reagan's tax cuts? :>) :>)

> I'm glad you consider it _almost_ fit for
> habitation but when modest 2br apartments sell for $600,000

WOW, sounds like a nice place to house hunt! How about 'almost fit for
average humans'? Only the elite can afford to live there apparently.

I'd have to
> believe that I'm not the only one who wants to live here. Or don't you
> believe in the laws of supply and demand? Guiliani deserves a certain
> amount of credit

Very generous of you!

> but the majority is due to factors beyond his control.
> Crime, for example, has fallen just about everywhere, not only here. He is
> an out-of-control mean-spirited jerk who changes his target almost weekly.

Don't forget 'artists' who throw dung at other folks religious icons.

> One week it's cab drivers, the next it's hot dog vendors. Always some
> powerless immigrant non-voting group.

Immigrants don't vote in NY?  Out here in California they do. Sometimes
twice.

> He doesn't have the balls to take on
> New York's remaining larger problems, like rent control,
> lack of housing,
> or the teacher's unions. Maybe you'd like to see Guiliani with his finger
> on the nuclear trigger

Excuse me, but how many senators have nuclear triggers in their offices?

> Anyway, for those of you in far-away places, such is politics in the USA. A
> diverse set of beliefs, for sure.

Yeah, for sure.  Unfortunately I do think it's getting worse.  Clinton
is a polarizing force, many times purposefully. He uses 'rich' folks and
white folks as his whipping boys.  As someone else mentioned, Clinton's
lies extended to fomenting racial hostility over supposed torching of
black churches by whites - which DID NOT happen.  What kind of a
'leader' purposefully tries to heat up an already tense situation?
Answer- one who sees political gain for himself.  The ONLY group in this
country which stood firmly behind Clinton during the impeachment was
blacks.  And whenever he's in trouble, he wraps himself in black folk.
We got plenty of work to do along these lines without this kind of
pandering to one group.

In short, the country may be richer monetarily when Clinton finally
slithers out of Washington, but morally, racially and cohesively we will
be far diminished as a result of this selfish man.  Good luck in NY if
Hillary wins.  Which in a just world would happen when hell freezes
over.

OK, that's it for me on this.  Keep up the great photography, Denton.
Your work does improve your cities' image at least as much as Guiliani's
:>)

George