[OM] Got me a free Zuiko 75-150 yesterday!

Subject: [OM] Got me a free Zuiko 75-150 yesterday!
From: Phillip Franklin <pfranklin@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 13:43:14 -0800
Also pardon my intrusion in to the political debate here ... but I just
wanted to add some further comments as to lens performance for various
tasks.  I agree with Doris that there is no one perfect lens for every
occasion nor is there one perfect film or format. My motto is the right
tool for the job even if you have to borrow it from fellow photographers
(who I can assist in solving those software/hardware problems which are
really starting to bother many pros).  So that said, I think the lowly
75-150 demands a little more respect from us Zuiks (be us Democrates or
Republicans or other).  I know many simply fantastic fashion and
portrait photographers are using some old Planar and Sonnar lens on
their Hassies that don't have the lastest and greatest coatings.
Coatings are cool in that they can really create some better contrast in
uncontrolled light.  However when you can control the light so well in a
modern studio, coatings may either add nothing or enhance contrast to a
significant degree.  However sometimes we shoot with less saturated
films or less contrast films for the human face. So once we find the
right combination of lens, film, and light (all under our control) we
can get the consistant results that pros demand.

Now back to the political discussion. Also please note any remarks not
considered accurate aabout the history of microcomputer operating
systems or history of microsoft will get a response. I sometimes like OT
comments too ...just pleeeeez no SUV threads.

Phillip Franklin