[OM] 'L' shaped bracket

Subject: [OM] 'L' shaped bracket
From: "Keith (R.K.) Berry" <keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 14:23:06 -0000
Buddy Walters wrote:
>...I have
>been looking at a "L" shaped bracket made by Kirk and RSS that attaches to
>the camera and has a QC plate on both the bottom and side.  This allows one
>to turn the camera for portrait without changing the tripod head.  I think
>this is a great idea for short lens use...

When I sold my Pen FT outfit I kept its tripod adapter because I found it
useful with the OM body for table top photography once I'd filed off a
locating lug and removed a pin. It too is an 'L' shaped bracket and is ideal
to attach the OM in portrait mode to a simple table top tripod, a table
clamp or my home made wooden thingy, as it ensures that the narrow end of
the camera is parallel to the table, while slackening off the retaining
screw allows it to be tilted vertically. Because the Pen FT's tripod bush
was well offset and the OMs are centrally placed, there's plenty of room for
it to swivel.

It's also handy to attach a straight flash bar to the short length of the
bracket to allow lots of tilt for illuminating macro subjects.

Regards,
Keith Berry (Birmingham, England)
keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx
http://homepages.which.net/~k.berry