Re: [OM] Off Topic Posts

Subject: Re: [OM] Off Topic Posts
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 09:37:39 -0700
At 09:51 PM 1/14/00 -0800, Shawn Wright, Olympus List Host/Administrator, wrote:
>Although I have very little time to follow the list the past year or so, the
>current high rate of off-topic posts came to my attention.
>
>So, in addition to Giles' most recent post, I would also request that such off-
>topic posts cease immediately. Giles has been an invaluable help in holding
>the reins over the past several years, and I don't think any of us would want
>to see him step down over something like this.

Yeah, especially because someone like *me* might take over in Giles' place, and
considering my recent track record on the Oly Gallery, *nobody* on this List
would want *that*.  ;-)

(The latest submissions are about 50omplete, by the way -- what is it about
holidays that gets people all excited and in a "submitting" mood? -- eleven new
submitters and six re-contributors...)

Garth

"A bad day doing photography is better
  than a good day doing just about
  anything else."

The Unofficial Olympus Web Photo Gallery at:

    http://www.taiga.ca/~gallery/