[OM] Importance of staying consistent / My thoughts on OM4 Spot meter b

Subject: [OM] Importance of staying consistent / My thoughts on OM4 Spot meter button
From: "Buddy Walters" <IRBWalters@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 09:52:24 -0800
Hi Thomas and All,
I woke up this am thinking about this thread. (No wise cracks - my wife is
out of town).
I remembered one of my "Golden Rules" I learned very very young.  I follow
this rule so much it dictates my choices more than I probably realize.

That rule is to "Stay consistent with your equipment".

In the outdoors, things can happen so fast that one slight hesitation can
dictate the outcome.  Lets take fishing reels for example.  For those that
fish, have you ever given consideration to the placement of the "Drag"
control or its turning direction.  If you use 2 different reels, you will
probably fumble around with that drag each time you need to make an
adjustment, and that is usually when you have the catch of a life time on.
Result = fish on / fish off.  If your reels are the same, you are in Auto
Pilot - No problem.
So the Golden rule applies to cameras also.
Swapping from one style of camera body controls to another is the key reason
for "fumbling" around.  If you want to operate in Auto Pilot, then stay with
one body style.

Food for thought.
Buddy