[OM] Dallas camera show news

Subject: [OM] Dallas camera show news
From: Steve Goss <steveg3@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 21:38:44 -0600
Hi-
There was another camera show this weekend, this time held at the Grapevine
convention center in Grapevine Tx.  There were a number of dealers with some
Olympus stuff.  Quite a few 75-150 f4 zooms, and 50mm f1.8's and f1.4's.
One interesting dealer was Colin Costello of Costello Photography.  He had a
champaign OM4T for $550 (with a 50mm f1.8 even).  It looked fairly clean, and
even had a bit of tape left above one of the rings to keep the paint intact.
It was missing the cover for the Olympus flash connector.  He also had a
Vivitar autofocus 75-200 f4.5 for Olympus for $90.  It included the cable that
goes from the lens to a switch that screws into the remote shutter release.  It
takes three AAA batteries, and it had some in it, but it did not seem to focus,
no matter how much I pressed the button.  The big item he had, and it was *BIG*
was a Canon 300mm f2.8 flourite lens that had been converted to Olympus.  It
had a manual apeture down to f22, and a large tripod stand almost big enough to
double as a handle  He had some pictures he had taken with it, of soccer
players in Reunion arena.  They were nice and sharp.  He was asking $600 for
it.  He said that he had been asking $750, and had gotten some nibbles, but
still had it.  His phone number is 214-871-1865.  I have not had any business
dealings with him, but he was pleasent to talk to.
Another dealer had a varimagni finder.  I tried it on my body, and could not
focus a thing.  does this have it's own focus adjustment?  If not, I think I
know why it was called the varimaggot finder.
One dealer was noticable by his absence.  Paul Van Tuyl, The Olympus Guy was
not there.
All in all, I looked at my watch and found that I had spent over two hours
there.

Steve Goss, Dallas Tx
steveg3@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.flash.net/~steveg3/ <- Street car pictures by Olympus