[OM] More lens tests posted

Subject: [OM] More lens tests posted
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 00:10:21 -0800
As promised, I retested the 75-150mm f/4 Zuiko using a OM-4T with mirror
and aperture prefire.  If anything, the results (using a different lens
sample) were slightly poorer than the previous test with an OM-1. This
lens produced quite cool (blue) images for a Zuiko.

For examples of two better performing lenses than the Zuiko, see the
newly posted results from a:
* Tamron SP 80-200mm f/2.8 ED IF (additionally at 300mm and 400mm with a
Tamron SP 2X Teleconverter)
* Tamron SP 70-210mm f/3.5 (additionally at 420mm with a Tamron SP 2X
teleconverter)

I think my quest for the holy grail in the 65-250mm range zoom has ended
now that I have the Tamron 80-200.  Exceptional ease of focusing, great
balance with it's own tripod collar, and fine build quality with both
internal focusing and extra low dispersion glass.  Introduced in 1988,
there aren't many of these to be found.  It was priced twice as high as
the Tokina with the same specs.

Neither Tamron performs well with a Tamron SP 2X teleconverter. Both are
slightly warm tone glass.

As always, the lens tests are at:
http://members.aol.com/olympusom/lenstests/default.htm

Gary Reese