Re: [OM] Need advice on long tele-lens for OM4

Subject: Re: [OM] Need advice on long tele-lens for OM4
From: Ingemar Uvhagen <ingemar.uvhagen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 14:11:01 +0100
Mark wrote:

> I think the 600/6.5 is a GREAT
> super-tele, the best one I have owned. It is bright and very sharp with
> plenty of
> contrast. I have exposed quite a bit of film with mine.

Mark,
I find it very interesting that you are so pleased with your Zuiko 600/6.5. I
have
heard the opposite, especially about its fairly poor close distance focus of 11
meters.
How do you find this when you are shooting? Do you find it to be of no problem
or do
you feel it is a problem (even a fair problem)?
I am in a way tempted to get the 600/6.5, but the price is a bit scary, I
think. So,
back to the close focus, I am not sure how often a closer focus of 11 meters
are of
importance or not, that is why I ask this.

At the moment I have the Zuiko 400/6.3 and I just recently bought the Zuiko
500/8 (a
lens I never thought I would ever get (was never interested)), but with a
600/6.5 I
have the aperture control and a longer focal length.

Do you have anything more to say about the 600/6.5? Any pros and cons (except
for the
weight and size)?

--
Regards/