Re: [OM] OWCH! That hurt my ear

Subject: Re: [OM] OWCH! That hurt my ear
From: david cochran <cochran@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 11:36:40 -0400

"John A. Lind" wrote:

> My gem from the same era is a Contax IIIa, and it gets used enough to keep
> its shutter exercised.  My style of photography shifts when using it.  The
> pace slows down, every aspect becomes more deliberate, and the deeply
> knurled knobs and leather give it a tactile element.

You are so right John. Mi first impression with the Leica is that you hav to
think  before you shoot. The steps to wind, focus and frame makes you be more
careful with what you do. It's amazing how precise the range finder is when it
comes to framing.

For all of you Oly users...the Zuiko 50mm is prety close to the leitz....

A couple of my friends have Contax cameras and they are also beauties to hold.
It's funny how there seems to be a rivalry between Leica and Contax users. To me
both these cameras hold their turf qualitywise.
    My Leica was not that expensive, $300 used from a widow. Now it's headed to
Ken Hansen for an overhaul.

I find the OM1n and the OM2 to be very similar in hold with the Leica. They have
about the same weight and size.

I will check the links to the Contax IIIa....I hope I don't become attached to
it
and have to buy one.....:-)

Keep taking pictures

David