Re: [OM] OT Leica Contax etc.

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Leica Contax etc.
From: david cochran <cochran@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 17:22:26 -0400

Denton Taylor wrote:

> In reality there is not much of a comparison since Contax makes some quite
> inexpensive SLR bodies (and some reasonably priced Zeiss lenses to match)
> while Leica does not.

Hi Denton:

    My comparison of the Leica and the Contax is very subjective and, of course,
out of ignorance... This I'll say, the Contaxes... I have seen are the expensive
ones. I was also thinking of the Leica M6. Definetly Leica is more expensive but
the Contax I refer to are the ones that you have to work REALY HARD to be able
purchase.
    Anyway, I have always held the beleif that in the end is the picture who
tells
the whole stroy and not the gear. This also aplies to video and Film.

    I've seen ugly stuff shot with 8X10's and beatiful stuff shot with digital
point and shooters.

Keep shooting pictures.

Regards

David