Re: [OM] slide vs neg film - my take

Subject: Re: [OM] slide vs neg film - my take
From: "Tom Trottier" <TomATrottier@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 20:54:14 -0500
Hi Phillip

I think the daily press will go entirely digital, and the temptation
will be strong for other periodicals too. Faster turnaround, see your
shots on site, other issues will outweigh the equipment cost for good
quality.Give it a couple of years. Bye-bye film.

Tom

On 31 Dec 99, at 0:42, Phillip Franklin spoke about
*[OM] slide vs neg film - my take..* saying
> However the chromes have more color information than even the best
> negs. It's based upon the density of the film. However unless one
> is using a desktop scanner capable of a better than say 3.4 DMAX
> the average user will not get that much better performance in
> scanning slides over negs. In fact poorly shot slides will be much
> harder  to scan than poorly shot negs. As the the digital desktop
> takes over most color work, negatives will certainly play a larger
> role in image capture for the press than they played even 4 or 5
> years ago.
And a happy New Millenium to you and yours.PLEASE NOTE MY NEW eMAIL ADDRESS!
From:Tom Trottier, 400 Slater St. Suite 415,  Ottawa  ON  Canada  K1R 7S7
    __o    <TomATrottier@xxxxxxxx> <TomTrottier@xxxxxxxxxxx> ICQ:57647974
  _ \<     Voice: +1 613 291-1168  fax: 594-5412   No ads or spam, please
(*)/'(*)   Vote for your favourite Olympus camera at
           http://www.freevote.com/booth/fav_camera