Re:[OM] ES-10 Update, and I'm angry!

Subject: Re:[OM] ES-10 Update, and I'm angry!
From: Mike Butler <abutler@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 19:56:36 -0800
snip
<And since NT4 does not support USB, buying a card reader won't help at
this
<point, so I'll probably be stuck with serial connection even with the
C-2000
<model at least for the first year, unless there is another option...
(I've seen <the floppy adapter, but the thought of it makes me uneasy -
do these work?)

Shawn,
        We have a Kodak DC 120 (1260x1024) at work and use Winduhs NT 4.0,  In
doing some research I have found that there are indeed better ways to
download images.  The cheapest is an ISA adapter that reads the flash
card for as little as $50-60 I don't remeber the speed her but it is
much slower than SCSI.

Next is the USB readers real fast, (no good for NT) these are about $100

Lastly is the SCSI reader (might need a $40-50 card) for about $200
Advertising claims 1000x faster than Serial.  I think most SCSI systems
max. out around 10 Mbits/sec so this may be a little optimistic.

We are probably going with the SCSI route because it is also the fastest
available to NT.  When we finally make a decision I will let the list
know of our results.

--
Mike Butler
Chief Mechanic / Engineer