Re: [OM] T400CN, The Eating of Crow

Subject: Re: [OM] T400CN, The Eating of Crow
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 00:39:44 +0000
At 23:02 1/17/00 , Ken Norton wrote:
>a grand way this time.  I had previously posted my initial analysis on
>T400CN and was so far out in left field that I wasn't even in the ballgame.
<snip>
>First of all, my mistake:  The negatives had been sleeved with a plastic
>skin that was nearly impossible to see and remove.  I know how to spot

Thanks for the reworked analysis Ken.  Were these the plastic "skins" that
Qualex (Kodak) uses?  Sounds like 'em.  I've had to remove them from 35mm
color negative strips and it is a pain!

The alleged "consumer" version, Black & White +400, is *NOT* the same as
T400CN.  It has a different, stronger, orange mask and its three emulsion
layers (Cyan, Magenta and Yellow) have a different color response.  I was
greatly disappointed with Kodak when they shoved T400CN off the consumer
shelves and replaced it with the B&W+400.  I like T400CN's spectral curves
as they appear on the data sheet a *lot* better than B&W+400's.

-- John