[OM] CD Burner / Recorder

Subject: [OM] CD Burner / Recorder
From: Ron Calhoun <tinman@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 21:26:52 -0900
> Hi Folks,
>
> I was pondering the thought of purchasing a CD recorder/burner.  They
are
> pretty neat.  Anyone out there have any advice as to what brand(s) are
best
> suited to handle the task?
>
> Thanks, Sam....

I purchased a PlexWriter and have been very pleased with it. So far, have only had 2 coasters and have burned slightly over 30 CD's.

The PlexWriter is a SCSI unit and I use it in my UMAX Macintosh clone, though the writer came with both Mac and PC software.

You might want to check out www.adaptec.com and www.cdrcentral.com for some good gouge on CDRs. I purchased mine from MegaHaus and was satisfied with the purchase.

Ron