[OM] B/W films....

Subject: [OM] B/W films....
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <thomas.clausen@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 09:21:38 -0700
Yep....me again....hi.

I was just wondering....the majority of the films running behind by Zuikos have
been black'n'white - I guess that in my many years as zuikoholic, less than 10
color-films have been that way.

And even in the field of B/W-films, I have almost exclusively (in the recent
10 years or so, at least) been using Ilford FP4/HP5 for the everyday shots and
Ilford 100/400/3200 Delta for the slightly more demanding tasks (count: 5 types
of films, perfectly matching my 5 OM-bodies ;) ).

However there are other black and white films out there - some with even a very
good reputation (Kodak notably have some which I've heard described in positive
terms). And perhaps I should consider trying - and perhaps getting to use -
those (would be a good argument for acquireing yet another body, no? *grin*).

Seriously, though, I was wondering what black and white films you fellow
zuikoholics use - and for what and why. I came across Ilford merely by chance
(and the fact that the films were available pretty much everywhere) and kinda
just stuck to them. I did no much serious testing or comparisons.

It is not that I am not pleased with the Ilfords, as everything they have
strong and weak spots and from experience I've learned many of those. I just
wonder if I am missing out something BIG by not using some other type of film.
And rather than buying a batch of eacy to test, I'd rather ask you people whom
I know to be trustworthy and have high standards (by being zuikoholics, high
standards have been demonstrated.)

Let me stress, that I am not interrested in starting a "war". But I'm very much
interrested in the "why I use a particular film with my OM-gear".

I hope for interresting responses :) And I hope this is not too far off-topic
for the list.

--
Mange hilsner / Sincerely

  Thomas Heide Clausen