Re: [OM] photo paper question

Subject: Re: [OM] photo paper question
From: "Tom Trottier" <TomATrottier@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 12:08:43 -0500
Hi james

I've regularly used old B+W paper. War surplus. WWII!

It's grainier, contrastier, foggier & less sensitive. And cheaper.

You can cut the fog with some Potassium Bromide. (good for sleeping,
too). The other effects cause the prints to look "available light."

Experiment.

Current paper? In the freezer, their life is probably in decades with
no deterioration. They've developed 50-year old film found in the
arctic & it was as good as new. Don't forget to thaw closed so you
don't get any condensation marks.

Tom

On 2 Jan 00, at 13:24, james olson spoke about
*[OM] photo paper question..* saying

> can anyone tell me how long photo paper should last refrigerated?  i
> have a few hundred sheets in the frig, and no access to a darkroom
> currently.  i remember hearing paper will last for quite a while in
> the freezer/ frig.....
>   so, my question is:
>
> 1) how long should photo paper last?
> 2) will it last longer in the freezer or in the frig?
And a happy New Millenium to you and yours.PLEASE NOTE MY NEW eMAIL ADDRESS!
From:Tom Trottier, 400 Slater St. Suite 415,  Ottawa  ON  Canada  K1R 7S7
    __o    <TomATrottier@xxxxxxxx> <TomTrottier@xxxxxxxxxxx> ICQ:57647974
  _ \<     Voice: +1 613 291-1168  fax: 594-5412   No ads or spam, please
(*)/'(*)   Vote for your favourite Olympus camera at
           http://www.freevote.com/booth/fav_camera