Re: [OM] linear polarizers?

Subject: Re: [OM] linear polarizers?
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 12:55:12 +0000
At 09:53 1/18/00 , Ian A. Nichols wrote:
>However, assuming you tried the experiment with a linear polarizer, I'd
>be interested in the results of repeating the experiment with the filter
>at different rotations.  The half-silvered part of the mirror is

Pulled the linear polarizer out of storage and put it on the OM-4.  Aimed
at a rough textured brick wall in the shade and rotated the linear filter.
Chose this subject as it was very likely to be nothing but randomly
polarized light.  Did this in both manual and auto, but left it
center-weighted averaging.  The metering varied by somewhere between 1.5
and 2 stops in both manual and AE mode as the polarizer was rotated.
Replaced it with the circular, rotated it and the metering did not change.

Results for others with a linear polarizer may vary depending on their
polarizing filter (brand, etc.) and which OM body they are using.

-- John