[OM] Re: B & W films

Subject: [OM] Re: B & W films
From: Russ Gorman <russgorman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 12:26:19 -0800
I used 35mm  Tri-X developed in Rodinol for about 12 years - it's a
beautiful film
Now I use Delta 100 and 400 developed in Pyro PMK and occasionally Delta
3200 developed in Microphen.
In all cases the films are rated at 1/2  their " normal" speed.
I use the Delta films because they render tones in way very similar to
Tri-X.  When I tried TMax films from Kodak the tones just all "looked"
wrong to me. They ( the TMAX films)probably are fine and maybe more
accurate than Tri-X but after so many years of TriX I find the look of
the Delta films far  more pleasing.
Olympus content: I worked in LA as a news photographer some years ago and
as a small man decided the 35 lbs of Olympus gear was much more pleasant
to carry than the 50 lbs of equivalent Nikon gear.
I have continuously used my om-1's 2's and 4's for 20 years now.
I currently use them to shoot b&w weddings, portraits and urban
landscapes. I wear 3 bodies for wedding shoots and have 2 more as backups.
just another lurker on the list...

           Russ Gorman Photography
           Fine Art Black and White
      Weddings Portraits Special Events
               Custom Printing
2127 NW Irving St. #301 Portland OR.97210
   503-970-6638  regorman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx