RE: [OM] Polarizer holy war (was Photos for your critique)

Subject: RE: [OM] Polarizer holy war (was Photos for your critique)
From: "Ron Spolarich" <caesar2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 18:32:21 -0500
I agree with you Frank.  Like yourself, I always wear polarized sunglasses
and wouldn't think otherwise.  And for that reason, where applicable, I will
always reach for my polarizer to enhance color saturation, to remove glare
or to allow a slower shutter speed.  All of my lenses are protected by
skylight filters for no other reason than to protect the glass.  And only
recently, have I begun to remove the filter when shooting.  I'm not sure I
see any difference.

When I spoke of being a purist, I meant it in the sense that I personnally
prefer an image that occured naturally.  Whenever I look at photographs I'm
always asking myself is that how it really appeared or was it enhanced?  I
certainly have no objections to someone else choosing to alter an image.
Isn't that what the definition of art is?

RonS