Re: [OM] My thoughts om OM4 and/or suggestions,...

Subject: Re: [OM] My thoughts om OM4 and/or suggestions,...
From: Denton Taylor <denton@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 18:53:45 -0500
At 05:14 PM 1/18/00 -0500, you wrote:
I would be curious to know if the Contax SLRs
provide a true EV lock?
At least on the Aria (and most likely the RX and RTSIII, since they have the same switch) turning the main switch to the AEL position locks the exposure until the roll is finished.

In Program mode, turning the aperture and/or shutter speed with AEL on has no effect, ie both shutter and aperture remain the same.

In aperture priority mode, changing the aperture while AEL is on keeps the exposure locked but will raise or lower the shutter speed in conjunction with the aperture. For example if you set the aperture at f/8 and the camera selects 1/125, and then you engage AEL, changing the aperture to f/5.6 will result in the camera automatically changing the shutter speed to 1/250.

Regards,
Denton Taylor

Photogallery at www.dentontaylor.com.
Panoramas and Immersive Imaging at