Re: [OM] Cold weather OM-4 problem

Subject: Re: [OM] Cold weather OM-4 problem
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 21:49:58 +0000
At 22:37 1/18/00 , Skip Williams wrote:
>curtain (so you could see the black/white pattern), and  proceeded to emit
>a squeal similar to the battery check sound, but more garbled.  I could get
>it to stop by moving the SS dial to the red 1/60 speed.  The mirror would
>then come down.

*Exactly* what happened to me Christmas '98 in weather hovering around Zero
F with the OM-4 on a tripod for about an hour.  New batteries revived it.
Regardless of weather condx this is the "yer batteries are shot" behavior
of my OM-4.  New batteries will also return the mirror.  First time it
happened to me (well before Christmas '98) it scared the daylights out of me.

-- John