RE: [OM] OM Photos for your critique

Subject: RE: [OM] OM Photos for your critique
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 00:52:43 +0000
First, I had to go find another browser plug-in and install it so I could
view them full size.  Has nothing to do with your JPEG's, but the ancient
decrepit plug-in for pure JPEG's I was still using.

I browsed through them quickly, but I like the gallery!  Some very fine
images and overall I like the composition.  One comment about the pair of
cats (Siamese?):  I like how you got a highlight on the eyes.  That's *not*
an easy task with a cat or dog, at least it hasn't been for me.  Thanks for
sharing your work with us.  I also like you you've set up the site.

Regarding some of the current discussion, I just got the latest issue of
Photo Techniques in the mail today.  The cover article is from the papers
of Ralph Steiner about Walker Evans.  Reading this thread over lunch and
then the article:  "To Be Nobody But Yourself:  Ralph Steiner on Walker
Evans."  Ron, be nobody but yourself!  If we all had the same vision and
style the ADITL galleries would be boring.  When viewing someone else's
work I try to put myself into style to assess their vision versus how it
does or doesn't fit mine.

About the realism.  Having lived in both central Europe and various regions
of the U.S., ambient weather and climate conditions create scenic moods on
both continents I haven't seen on the other.

Tobias, do you have a gallery on the web?  I'd like to see some of your
work and style too.  Several of us on the list can help with how to get one
started.  You can see mine here:
  http://members.xoom.com/_XMCM/johnlind/galleryframe.html
(I don't make any claim of great images on it.)

-- John