RE: [OM] OM Photos for your critique

Subject: RE: [OM] OM Photos for your critique
From: "Tobias Andersson" <tox1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 09:09:23 GMT
Well, here we go.  :-)

Ron!
I APPOLOGIZE IF I OFFENDED YOU when saying that you had manipulated many of your images. They seemed too good to be true. I am sorry, and can only congratulate you for a work well done!

The question is still there. I feel that when you change reality in either a digital or manual way, and the result is totally different from the reality, then you should tell the beholder what you have done.
My oppinion.

And another list member gets annoyed and jumps into the discussion:
DENTON TAYLOR writes:
And, as a point of 'Netiquette, ALL CAPS _IS_ CONSIDERED SHOUTING!
Denton!
I have been using the web for more that five years now. I program in VB, VBScript, ASP, JavaScript, XML, SQL, and a few other languages, and am quite familiar with 'Netiquette. I use the caps often for making a point, ie making it easier to read. I have never been misinterpreted for shouting when doing that.
Tell me: Is there a difference between these two sentences:
I THINK IT IS WRONG.
I THINK IT IS WRONG!!!!
Yes! The latter one is without question a shouting sentence. The previous one isn't.

Talking about 'Netiquette, one must ask why nobody reacts when there are answers to the whole list with just a smiley or "LOL". The effect of that is everytime you open your mailaccount, there are 30 new mails. A problem that can easily be overcome, by sending a mail directly to the sender. Before you send something to the list, ask yourself if it is of use for the whole list. It is as simple as that.

In Sweden, we can start a discussion without starting a flame war. Try to keep a little distance here, guys! :-)

Regards
Tobias Andersson
Halmstad, Sweden.