[OM] image manipulation, digital or otherwise -Reply

Subject: [OM] image manipulation, digital or otherwise -Reply
From: Scott Nelson <SNelson@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 11:07:47 -0500
But then there is a whole school of fine art photography that plays with the
theme of posed / unposed and our perception of photos as "real". I was just at
the MOMA where there was an exhibit with this theme. It had a series of prints
from the obviously posed to the apparently unposed and every ambiguous
possibility in between...

<<The same goes for photojournalism.  If you claim something is a candid,
then it should not be posed.  If you claim that an image is a piece of
news or a capturing of an event, then it should not be manipulated to
something which is not an accurate representation of the person or event.>>