Re: [OM] Tamron 90mm 2.5 lens

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron 90mm 2.5 lens
From: "Ian A. Nichols" <I.A.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 13:57:55 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 20 Jan 2000, norman dudman wrote:

> Can any Olympians on the list help with information on the Tamron 90mm 2.5
> macro adaptall 2 lens (early version with 49mm filter thread) I want to use
> it at 1:1.

[snip]

> 4/What about using a Vivitar 2x converter to get 1:1?

I can't help you with the Tamron lens, but if you mean the Vivitar
macro-focussing teleconverter that was being discussed only last week
on this very list, I could post some pics that I've recently
taken using one of those with a 50/1.8.  There's a nice high-key
portrait of a, er, torch bulb at about 1:1 which shows the filament
coils quite nicely, and some pictures of small cast solder fantasy
figures, about 30mm high.  Film was Fuji 800ASA colour print film
(because it's what I had in the camera at the time and it needed using
up).

Anyone interested?

|  /  | |/-\  |                      Ian A. Nichols                    |
|  \-/| |  /  |                  i.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxxx                |
|             *                    iann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                  |