Re: [OM] FTL?

Subject: Re: [OM] FTL?
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 21:02:23 -0800
<< What can anyone tell me about the Olympus FTL?  Was this a
"transitional"
system between the Pen and OM lines?  Is it full or half frame?  I'd be
interested in hearing any info on this camera.  Thanx. >>

It isn't transitional in an evolutionary sense since FTL was full frame
and the Pen series was half frame. The OM System is transitional to the
FTL since after a brief marketing stint (1972-73), and release of a
limited number of system accessories and five lenses, FTL was dropped
and replaced by OM.

Incidently, the FTL system is now a collectable, no if's, and's, or
but's about it. Most camera show/used camera dealer's are ignorant of
that and it's a great area for finding super buys.

Check the Archives (1998?) for Gary Schloss's fine posting about the FTL
System.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV