[OM] kid;s sports

Subject: [OM] kid;s sports
From: Joseph <joseph@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 02:37:12 -0800 (PST)
===================
I'd be very interested in the opinions of this group on what a 'complete
setup' of lenses would be. I realize everyone's situation is quite
different, but I'd like to be prepared for almost anything.  I mostly shoot
kids sports, so that is a defining need for me.  For example, the 75-150
===================

that is a little slow for kids sports.  you would be better off with
a 135/2.8, but both   a  135mm and 75-150mm lens will be a little short,
so a 80-200/2.8 would be what I'd recommend.  For OM, the only choices
are:

Tamron SP 80-200/2.8 LD adaptall-2 lens
Sigma 70-210/2.8 APO
Tokina ATX 80-200/2.8 APO

All are only available used these days, and I've listed them in
what I believe to be decreasing order of quality, though I haven't
used the Tamron lens before (andn am going on reputation so that oculd
be wrong).  All are good lenses, but the Tokina one degrades in quality
alot for close focus, so is not suitable for use for macro work with a
2-element closeup diopter on the front.  the sigma lens is a little less
sturdy than I would like, so I think the Tamron is probably the way to go here.

An alternate choice would be the 180/2.8 Zuiko for sports.

Joseph