[OM] Re: Bad thread (wasEBAY anti-fraud actions)

Subject: [OM] Re: Bad thread (wasEBAY anti-fraud actions)
From: Morgan Sparks <msparks@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 15:55:45 -0500
I just read a post about the ethics of collecting certain war
memorabilia.  I support Denton's position on allowing "offensive" but
legal material to be freely traded, whatever the motive.  To each his
own.

But I find this stuff offensive, and I think many list members do too.
There are other forums where this can be discussed in a proper academic
and editorial setting, and that's where it belongs.

I have no problem with those who, like the poster, possess this material
to document the struggle over evil.  But _please_ be aware that for many
this imagery is too horrible to fathom, or to debate on the Olympus
list.  No constructive dialogue can come out of it.  Let's please drop
it or keep it off-list.

Morgan Sparks