[OM] Oly viewfinders

Subject: [OM] Oly viewfinders
From: "norman dudman" <nor_45@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 09:48:07 GMT
How reliable is the OM viewfinder on the OM2n for checking for pincushion and barrel distortion on my oly lenses? All of them show some pincushion distortion in the viewfinder.

Thanks to all who replied to my question about the Tamron 90mm macro lens. After some tests over the weekend with tubes, close up suplementry lenses and a Vivitar 2x converter to get 1:1, the Vivitar 2x most surprisinly came out as the best option for flat field, sharpness across the frame and ease of use. What a surprise as the Vivitar only has 4 elements and more glass is being added.

Norman