[OM] bill of rights (and eBay?)

Subject: [OM] bill of rights (and eBay?)
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 10:10:53 -0800
Philip F. writes:

<< I have said this before and I will say it again. eBay offers an
excellent opportunity to those who want to scam and defraud innocent
buyers. Certainly not all of the eBay sellers are scammers, though there
is much risk in purchasing camera equipment this way. I have never had a
problem purchasing high quality used OM gear from both local stores and
high quality mail order stores. >>

Since you have repeated this, I was wondering if you have bought or sold
on eBay, given that you have no posted Feedbacks?  Is this statement
based on experience or opinion?

<< I purchased a truly mint Zuiko 35-70 f3.5/4.5 just a couple of weeks
ago from a very local dealer for $69.00 cash . . . I recently saw one of
these go on eBay for over $150.00. >>

Lowest Dealer Price on the was $129.55 back in 1987, so you did well,
indeed.  There was an $87 on eBay before you were a registered user. On
the other hand, a former OM List subscriber tied the all-time record
sale of $255 - and the buyer was as delighted as you are.

<< Mine had a no risk 10 day full return privilege. Can't beat that. >>

Sure you can.  Any eBay Power Seller is obligated to offer a 30 day
money back guarantee.  Any eBay auction item up to $200 is covered by
Lloyd's insurance (subject to a $25 deductable).

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV