Re: EBAY anti-fraud actions (was [OM] ebay loser)

Subject: Re: EBAY anti-fraud actions (was [OM] ebay loser)
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 13:02:17 -0600
On Mon, Jan 24, 2000 at 10:57:35AM -0600, Barry B. Bean wrote:
> >Uh huh. On the other hand, they can and do prohibit the sale of firearms -
> >even in circumstances where that sale is unquestionably legal.
> Which circumstances would those be?

The same as firearms ads in publications like Shotgun News: either pre-1897
curios and relics, or transactions where licensed firearms dealers are
involved in the transfer as required by law. eBay would be no more liable
than Shotgun News if they followed that policy.

The simple fact is that eBay bowed to political pressure from gun grabbers.

Now that we're REALLY OT here, this probably should go private as well...