[OM] Squeaky straps on packs

Subject: [OM] Squeaky straps on packs
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 01:18:24 EST
Here is a copy of a posting on the Nature Board and a response from a Lowepro
herself:

<<<
Here's the response from Lowepro. I wrote them back again to clarify
that the problem is actually the pivot point between the clips.
Hopefully they'll have more info.
___________________________________

I have done a little investigating as to why they squeak and so forth.
This is what I have come up with. We choose to use the plastic clips for
the lightness and the durability. The D-ring must be metal to insure the
strength of it and the load it carries. We could eliminate the squeak if
we were to use another material such as a nylon clip. But nylon
stretches and therefore cannot be used. We have to use the plastic clips
in the particular portion of the bag also due to the fact that if we use
metal it will corrode.
Janet Lowepro >>>>

Warren