[OM] Camedia 2500L - I got one! (sort of)

Subject: [OM] Camedia 2500L - I got one! (sort of)
From: "Shawn Wright" <swright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 20:54:30 -0800
After much deliberation, I picked up a C-2500L for use at work on Saturday.
Although I could never see myself parting with $2100 CDN for this camera, I
am very impressed with the results so far!
I have managed to get some great candid shots of my daughter and son
indoors - I find the focus assist light generates some very interesting facial
expressions! Given that I tested it in conditions where I wouldn't consider
pulling out my OM's (very low light), I was very impressed with the results of
the flash.
So far, my only gripes are slow serial downloads (card reader on order), and
only two manual aperture settings (in fact, there only seems to be two
apertures used even in auto and program mode, which seems odd...).
I suspect the C-2000 or C-2020 would probably deliver 800f the
performance for half the price, but this camera should see plenty of use
(there is already a lineup to use it!), and if it can save time/cost of film
use for
newsletter/magazine photos, it will be worth it.

I'll try to post some samples when I get a chance.

Shawn & Janis Wright
swright@xxxxxxxxx
http://Zuiko.sls.bc.ca/~swright
(Olympus List Archives)