[OM] Re: OM-2S Flash Indictor Light Modification

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-2S Flash Indictor Light Modification
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 09:44:42 -0600
At 09:58 PM 1/24/2000 -0800, you wrote:
>Topic: OM-2S Flash Indicator Light Conversion
>Message: Does anyone know whether it is still possible to have
>the flash ready light converted from green (using the camera's
>batteries) to red (using the flash unit's batteries) in my
>Olympus OM-2SP?

Yes, I've had two done by John Hermanson of Camtech in Huntington, New York.

>I live in Jakarta, Indonesia but I bought the camera at Jessop's
>in Wolverhampton, England in September 1985.  I have never had
>any problems except for the short battery life.  In fact, it was
>only after reading messages to the Olympus mailing list that I
>realised there was a special problem with his particular model
>but that the problem could be alleviated somewhat by converting
>the flash ready indicator!

It makes a huge difference if you use flash a lot.

>I'd be grateful for any advice. I'd like to continue with the
>OM-2SP because its operating modes suit my requirements well.
>The "noisy" double-click mirror (not in program mode, by the
>way) does not bother me.
>
>Ray Moth.

The sound doesn't bother me either. It's the sound of gold coins slowly
shifting in one's hand; the sound of a beautiful woman pressing her lips to
your ear in that half-sleep state ...

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA