Re: [OM] Questions for the group

Subject: Re: [OM] Questions for the group
From: "John A. Prosper" <prosper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 16:24:03 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 24 Jan 2000, Garth Wood wrote:

|At 02:12 PM 1/24/00 -0500, John Pendley wrote:
|
|[snip]
|
|>Ouch!  Thats' one of the reasons I got interested in Oly: light bodies and
|>lenses to save my surgically repaired back.  Guess I'll have to be especially
|>careful in choosing just those lenses that suit my needs.  Thankfully, I've
|>never been a long tele kind of guy--not yet, at least.  I'm thinking something
|>like 24, 28 or 35, 50, 85 or 100, 200, with at least one macro in there
|>somewhere.  Maybe the Tamron 90.  And a 1.4 tele extender.  And a flash.  And
|>two bodies.  Gosh, it adds up doesn't it?  Guess I'll have to get out of the
|>habit of taking along everything I own.
|
|John:
|
|On my last trip to Europe, I forced myself to take one body (an OM-4)
|and three Zuikos: a 21/2.0, 28/2.0 and 100/2.0.  I thought I'd miss
|all the extra kit, but in fact it was quite liberating (not to
|mention *much* lighter and easier to pack into my carry-on).  I'd
|really forgotten just how much I like my 28/2.0, for example.  I
|intend to continue taking just pieces of my kit, rather than every
|bloody thing I own.  ;-)

If you have a lengthy lens stock, it's a good idea to view it in terms
of default subsets for different types of photography (e.g., street,
flower, travel, small wildlife, large wildlife, landscape,
stage/theatre, portrait, etc...).  That way you can break your gear
down into manageable groups for each type of photography you pursue.
Tired arms and shoulders inhibits photography and inspiration. ;-)