[OM] [OT] Ebay Scams & personal attacks

Subject: [OM] [OT] Ebay Scams & personal attacks
From: Phillip Franklin <pfranklin@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 21:35:00 -0800
Barry,

Please read your own words since you have said you have read mine. If I
affirmed my faith in
Gary's integrity ... then why did you say I took a potshot at him?  How did my
acknowledgment of Gary being a seller on eBay impugn his integrity?  If I said
Barry I know
you are seller on eBay ('cause you told me so) does that mean I'm implying that
you have no
integrity? My statements are clear.  My first job out of college was writing
very complex
California and Federal political position papers. Most of the issues were
highly charged.
The reason I was offered that job was my ability to write clear concise
sentences that most
intelligent people could understand. Also they had to be translated in many
different
languages. So my words could not be misunderstood by even those who were not as
familiar
with  certain local terminology or phrasing.  You are the very first to read an
implied
statement into one of my writings which I had no intention of saying.  No, I
was not an
English major but an Economics major (under grad & grad). Because I have too
little talent
to be a Playboy or top fashion photographer, most of living has been earned by
my business
and technical communications skills.  So for you to read such a statement into
my writings
bothers me.  However I feel that you were more interested in getting your point
across than
understanding my communication. That is ok.  However don't accuse me (or any
one) of
implying something (especially something negative about a fellow member of the
list) that I
obviously did not say.  As I said before it is more a reflection on your
communication and
comprehension skills than anything that I actually said. I hope this clears
this up to the
other list members.  And Barry please don't accuse me of making personal
attacks on members
of this list.  That has not nor will it ever be my style.

Enough said,
Phillip Franklin

Barry wrote
"While you
did reaffirm your faith in Gary's integrity further into the post,
your initial statement suggested that Gary's defense of eBay might be
due to his financial interest as an eBay seller. I considered that an
unfair potshot and said so. "