Re: [OM] Travels to Turkey

Subject: Re: [OM] Travels to Turkey
From: Barks <cmib@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 07:08:56 +0000
On Tue, 25 Jan 2000 07:18, Barks <cmib@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>On-topic: I'm off to Incirlik in Turkey as the deputy commander for 4
>months in Feb.  I *have* to take my cameras since I understand there
>is a lot to photograph, but do I take scenery lenses or telephoto?  I
>think that I shall leave behind possible duplicates such as 85/2 and
>135/3.5 (i.e. take only one).  Also I shall not take my 200/4, but my
>300/4.5 instead.  Has anyone been to Turkey who can offer me
>advice/exhortation?

Chris, sorry but my other email to you was off-list.  But I didn't
want your question about a travel "kit" to go un-noticed.

Personally for travel, I tend to prefer the wide angle side (28 or 35)
more than the telephoto side (anything above 135).
        -Dan

Thanks Dan

Yes, I am seriously thinking short focal lengths on weight grounds alone (only allowed 45kg baggage :-().

Chris

~~~~~ ><>
Chris Barker
mailto:cmib@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx