[OM] Olympus *STILL* servicing the older OM-bodies?

Subject: [OM] Olympus *STILL* servicing the older OM-bodies?
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <thomas.clausen@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 07:44:37 -0700
Greetings all,

Sorry for the large amount of postings lately - a flu keeps me home from work,
indoor away from the good motives and out of the chemical fumes of the
darkroom. So postings to this list are as close as it gets to photo...after
cleaning all the lenses and the bodies AND reorganizing the camera bags
twice....

I just contacted - per reccomendation from another list member (Hi Lars!) a
danish camera shop, who told me that they in fact still get the older cameras
serviced regularly by Olympus in Denmark. And that indeed the prices were
fair, the service quick (usually no more than 3 weeks, if they had to order
parts) and with a one year warranty. I am going to try that service out next
time I get to Denmark (February or March), and submit two bodies for
cleaning/adjustments and minor service/repairs. I will let you know how it goes
and what the exact prices / operations were.

One thing is sure: if they do a good and fair priced job on the initial cameras,
I am going to have them have all my bodies in for general overhaul shortly. No
disrespect to the american shops (who - as far as my experience goes) do a
GREAT job....but shipping costs and insurances are killers when living in
Europe.

Anyways, just thought I'd share this bit of info with you all.

--
Mange hilsner / Sincerely

  Thomas Heide Clausen
  Civilingeniør i Datateknik (cand.polyt)