Re: [OM] Which wide angle (Zuiko) to choose...?

Subject: Re: [OM] Which wide angle (Zuiko) to choose...?
From: ALEXSCIFI@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 09:20:07 EST
Without a doubt, the 21F3.5--everyone agrees that this is a superb lens!

thomas.clausen@xxxxxxxx writes:

<< Hello fellow Zuikoholics,

 I have in the past been concirned mostly with the longer lens-lengths, and my
 only venture into the wide-angles has been the Sigma 21-35 zoom which - I may
 add - has performed well and been a good companion on many a trip.

 However that lens is rather large, and thus makes for a good but clumsy
friend
 which I do not always want to bring.

 I have been considering investing in a wide-angle Zuiko for quite a while,
 however since no shops around my place happen to have one for me to see and
 try, I have been most reluctant to ordering one - after all, it is (can be)
 rather expensive.

 Lurking on some current and past threads on this list has revealed that there
 appear to be quite some diversity of quality among the
 not-ultra-wide-wide-angle-Zuiko's - apparently buying a wide-angle can be a
 risky business :)

 So what are your opinions? Which wide-angle lense would *you* buy? (and why?)
 And which would you definitely not buy? Help me make the right choise the
first
 time, then perhaps I'll be allowed to buy an extra piece of glass later (or
 a spare om2s/p, should such show up)..... :)

 --
 Mange hilsner / Sincerely

   Thomas Heide Clausen
   Civilingeniør i Datateknik (cand.polyt)