Re: [OM] camera color, was: OM-2S question

Subject: Re: [OM] camera color, was: OM-2S question
From: "Dirk and Carla Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 09:42:49 +0000
>Well, that's an interesting point.  I THOUGHT that it only came in black
and
>Champagne, but the seller said Chrome (I asked).  From an earlier message,
>see that black is more valuable, but since its going to go to actual use,
>its not that critical to me.
>
>Tom

I was told that the black cameras were more valuable mostly to nature
photographers. The black finish reduces reflections that scare away animals.
But, I don't see the point for anyone else. The black finish seems just as
shiny as the matte chrome finish to me, and not nearly as durable. Instead
of painting the brass black, they should have plated it to be a flat black.

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright