Re: [OM] Which wide angle (Zuiko) to choose...?

Subject: Re: [OM] Which wide angle (Zuiko) to choose...?
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 09:57:49 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 26 Jan 2000, Thomas Heide Clausen wrote:
> I have in the past been concirned mostly with the longer lens-lengths, and my
> only venture into the wide-angles has been the Sigma 21-35 zoom
> I have been considering investing in a wide-angle Zuiko for quite a while,
> however since no shops around my place happen to have one for me to see and
> try, I have been most reluctant to ordering one - after all, it is (can be)
> rather expensive.
> So what are your opinions? Which wide-angle lense would *you* buy? (and why?)

   I would ask you first: at what focal length do you find yourself most
often with your 21-35 zoom ? Second, almost any Zuiko is going to have
less fall-off, more contrast and less distortion than your zoom, so you're
likely to be very pleased, but the focal length is the big parameter.
   Indicating what sort of photography you do would also be helpful.

                                         *= Doris Fang =*