Was: Re: [OM] TRI-X or T-MAX 400 Is: Fuji Provia F (RDP III)

Subject: Was: Re: [OM] TRI-X or T-MAX 400 Is: Fuji Provia F (RDP III)
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 09:07:24 -0800
I'll add my .02 cents worth on this. Surprised there hasn't been much
mentioned yet on this new Fuji film. I will be trying some very soon at
some preseason tests as I have been shooting RDP 100 for many years now
and this seems like a logical progression for me.

At a race I shot last year (Laguna Seca CART) there was a representative
of Fuji giving away rolls to try out. While I didn't get on that (he had
run out) I heard some good reports and saw some results (with an 8x
loupe). The reviews were glowing and the results were stunning.
Apparently yes, you can push this stuff a full two stops with marginal,
if any, effect on image quality. The comments I heard were from several
working professionals in the media center who all raved about the detail
in enlargements rivaling previous MF E6 100 ISO films (of course that
means this stuff in MF is event that much better).

Not many motorsports shooters use MF cameras...this will help those of
us who don't a whole lot. Looking forwards to getting the racing season
going!

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
www.motorsportvisions.com