Re: [OM] contact lenses instead of glasses??

Subject: Re: [OM] contact lenses instead of glasses??
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <thomas.clausen@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 10:22:00 -0700
Ohh, Dirk - do it!

I use glasses, and I really hated taking them off OR being inconvenienced by the
camera touching the glasses before. Not to mention that having the "diopter"
(sp?) in the OM4 adjusted for my bad sight while not having such on other
bodies was a mess and a pain.

When I got lenses a little more than 5 years ago, it was like being born again
:) I can only reccomend it (however get those, which can be disposed of after
one month and with a HIGH HIGH water content). Anyways, it simplifies the days
where the camera is in hefty usage a LOT, and I have noticed no inconveniences
whatsoever.

I still use glasses every once in a while - mostly out of mood and what I dress
for (and - as now - when I have the flu and just can't have lenses in my eyes).
But when I know I am up for shooting a lot with the cameras, I always make sure
to wear lenses.

--thomas

On Thu, 27 Jan 2000, you wrote:
> I'm considering getting contact lenses for my eyes instead of glasses.
> What is the group's experince with them vs. eye glasses in terms of
> being able to take pictures, etc? I had them once before a long time
> ago, but my eyes tended towards dryness, which was a problem.
>
> Be seeing you.
>

> Dirk Wright

Mange hilsner / Sincerely

  Thomas Heide Clausen