Re: [OM] Plating brassy old bodies

Subject: Re: [OM] Plating brassy old bodies
From: "Dirk Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 13:33:23 EST
>Given the huge number of inexpensive nickel plated brass electrical
>connectors out there, I'd be very surprised if this was difficult or
>expensive.

yeah, that's exactly correct, Ian. For the higly convoluted surfaces of
the top cover plate, I'd use electroless nickel plating, then blacken
in the black oxide solution. The electroless process only requires
heat, no electricity, and the black oxide is just a dip and swish
process.

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright